INMATE VIDEO VISITATION
Visitors are allowed only one fifteen (15) minute "first come - first serve” visit, twice a week. We have implemented a video kiosk system, there are no longer face to face visitations at the detention center. There will be video kiosks to use free of charge on regular visitation days and hours at the Hot Springs County Circuit Court lobby as long as you are not on bond, probation and/or parole.
Visitors must have a valid, government issued photo ID indicating their date of birth and full legal name. A parent or legal guardian with a valid current identification card must accompany their children during visitation. Juveniles must have a birth certificate and/or juveniles in Junior/Senior High must have a valid identification card if they are visiting their legal parent or guardian. If a juvenile is not visiting their legal parent or guardian, then their legal parent or guardian MUST accompany them.
Extended visits for visitors traveling over 60 miles one (1) way on the day of the visit will be (30) thirty minutes. Extended visits will be limited to no more than one (1) per week. You must call in advance and pre-arrange your visit with the Detention staff.
No one under the influence of alcohol/drugs will be granted a visit.
No one on Bond or Probation/Parole will be granted a visit at the facility but can use the option of our offsite video visitation thru www.cidnet.net
Bail and bonds are set by the courts. Sometimes the arrested party will have to see a judge before they can be released on bond. A bail is primarily used to assure the presence of the accused for their appearance in court. Bond is how the bail money is guaranteed to the Court. You may post a bond using cash, credit or debit card in person, online at allpaid.com, or over the phone at 1-888-604-7888. The Hot Springs County code for allpaid is A0055f.
Surety bonds must be secured by a registered bondsperson. You can find a bondsperson in the yellow pages of the phone book; just look under “Bail Bonds.”
INCOMING INMATE FUNDS
Family and friends may deposit money in an inmate's account by going to: www.jailatm.com or by going to the law enforcement center and using cash or debit/credit card in the kiosk. Personal checks will NOT be accepted at any time for placement on inmate accounts.
To purchase phone time, set up messaging and/or video visitation you can visit: www.cidnet.net
The following types of deposits are acceptable by mail at the Detention Facility: U.S. money orders, cashier's checks, certified checks, U.S. government checks, and checks from other corrections/detention facilities.
All incoming bank checks and money orders must be made out to the Hot Springs County Detention Center with the inmates name printed in the memo section. Mail
Incoming mail will be opened, inspected for contraband, and for any content that might threaten security. Inmates may purchase stamped envelopes and writing material through the commissary. Stamps, envelopes and blank writing materials received from outside of the detention center will not be accepted. The detention center has a large selection of reading materials for the inmates to use. Please do not mail in or bring books to the detention center unless it pertains to the inmate’s religion.
Mail that does not meet the requirements for acceptance into the facility will be returned to the sender.
Examples of some items that are not accepted into the facility are as follows:
- Correspondence for inmates other than for the inmate whose name appears on the envelope.
- Correspondence from other correctional institutions is NOT allowed.
- Institutional floor plans.
- Inmates shall not request another person to forward correspondence beyond the immediate addressee.
- Inmate’s name and the addressee’s return name and address must appear on the front of the envelope.
- Money orders are not accepted from anyone except friends or family. Money orders from another
inmate’s friends or family will be returned.
- Magazines and newspapers are not allowed.
- Personal checks, coins, jewelry, plastic items and food.
- Stickers, inkpad stamps or white out are not allowed in or on the envelope or letter.
- These items shall not be enclosed in the envelope: writing/drawing instruments, newspaper and
magazine clippings, small pamphlets, handmade drawings or letters (in marker, highlighter, crayon or
colored pencil) glitter, cloth material, ribbons or cards.
- Sexually explicit material or pornographic in nature (nudity).
- No material that threatens or is detrimental to the security, good order or discipline of the facility.
- Correspondence that is in code or gang related material.
- Foreign substances such as lipstick, perfume and bodily fluids in or on any mail item.
- Felt marker, gel or glitter pens of any color to be used on the letter or envelope.
-“No Contact” of person(s) by order of the court or at the request of that person(s).
Mail for inmates in the facility must be addressed as follows:
Inmates Full Name
Hot Springs County Detention Center
417 Arapahoe Street,
Thermopolis, WY 82443
When an inmate is processed into the detention center, all personal property is taken and placed into a storage area during the incarceration period. With written permission from the inmate, property may be picked up Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. If an inmate is released from the Detention Center to another facility we will hold the property for 30 days. After 30 days the property will be considered abandoned and destroyed.
No property will be allowed to be dropped off for any inmate without the approval of the Detention Center Administrator.
To contact the Detention Center directly please call: