Welcome to the Hot Springs County, Wyoming County Emergency Management Department
Register on Hot Springs County CodeRED. Be sure you are registered to automatically receive Emergency Information. Your information will be confidential and only used to contact you in an EMERGENCY.
Register for CodeRed Emergency Notifications
If you hear an alert siren:
- Expect CodeRed information
- Tune to radio station KYTS, 105.7 FM
- Watch your cable TV interrupt
- Listen to your noaa all-hazards radio (ch 5, 162.500 mhz)
- If it is a long term emergency this website, along with Facebook & Twitter (we will also provide ongoing information)
- Continue to monitor your information source
ALERT SIREN This one will be used for Tornado Warnings and/or a severe storm warning of winds over 70mph and/or Hail 1.75" or larger (golf ball size)
HI-LO SIREN This alert siren will have only one message. It will alert for a total failure of Boysen Dam. The only action to be taken is to evacuate on highway 120 toward Cody or highway 20 toward Worland.
Hot Springs County is a Storm Ready Community!
NOAA Weather Forecast Office, Riverton
24 hrs/day / 365 days/yr
Wyoming Weather Records:
- High Temp, +114 degrees at Basin,WY Feb 9,1933
- Low Temp, -66 degrees at Riverside Ranger Station July 12,1900
- 24 hr Rainfall, 5.50" Dull Center (near Newcastle) May 31, 1927
More Wyoming Climate Information
NOAA All-Hazards Radio - Get One! - It Will Alert You 24 hours/Day and it will continue to keep you informed.
Emergency Communication Tip
- When disaster strikes and our cellular networks are overloaded A TEXT MESSAGE WILL GET THROUGH!
- Also, if you are in a location where you don`t have enough signal to make a voice call, you may well have sufficient signal to send a text message.
LEARN TO TEXT! • TEACH YOUR FAMILY TO TEXT!
IN AN EMERGENCY YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES WILL STAY CONNECTED!